Pure Blue H2O’s Reverse Osmosis Filter Replacements
A reverse Osmosis system removes chlorine and sediment from water by using a prefilter. The semipermeable membrane is used to remove dissolved substances. After water leaves the RO membrane, it is passed through a postfilter which polishes the water before it reaches a dedicated faucet. There are many stages to reverse osmosis systems depending on how many pre filters or postfilters they have. No Matter how many stages your system has eventually need reverse osmosis filter replacements.
Stages Of RO Systems
While the RO membrane serves as the center of an RO system, it also allows for other types of filtration. No matter if you have a three or four stage unit, it will need reverse osmosis filter replacements.
Each reverse osmosis system has a sediment and carbon block water filter. The filters can be called pre filters or postfilters depending upon whether water passes through them prior to or after the membrane.
Each system has one or more of these filters.
- Sediment Filter:Reduces particulates like dirt, dust and rust
- The Carbon filter Reduces volatile organic compounds, chlorine and other contaminants that can give water a bad flavor or odor
- RO Membrane Removes up to 98% total dissolved solids.
- Prefiltration occurs when water enters an RO system for the first time. Prefiltration Usually includes a carbon and sediment filter to remove chlorine and sediment that could damage or clog the RO membrane.
- The water then passes through the reverse-osmosis membrane, where any dissolved particles (even those too small for an electron microscope) are removed.
- After filtration, water flows into the storage container where it is kept until needed. Reverse osmosis continues to filter water up until the storage tank becomes full. Then, it shuts off.
- When you turn on your water faucet, the water flows out of the storage tank via another postfilter. This is to clean your water before it reaches your faucet.
An RO Storage Tank Is Essential.
A RO storage container stores reverse osmosis water, so you always have enough to go. Reverse osmosis systems make water slowly. Two to three ounces of RO water can be produced in one minute. You would need to wait at most 5 minutes before your water faucet fills with RO water. Your glass will fill instantly if it is stored in a tank.
What Is A RO membrane?
The RO membrane removes dissolved substances like fluoride and arsenic from an RO system. A RO system can also include carbon and sediment filtration to achieve a wide range of reductions. An RO system's carbon filters remove chlorine and other bad tastes and odors. The sediment filter removes dirt, debris, and other contaminants. For reverse osmosis filter replacements our website for our selection of replacement filters.
Why Choose Pure Blue H2O?
Pure Blue H2O has been around for many decades and can provide easy solutions to any water problems in your home. There are many products available, including 3 stage reverse osmosis filter system, 4 stage reverse osmosis filter system, RO filter replacement, countertop water filtration systems, and more. Our company is customer-driven and has a passion to save lives from water-borne illnesses. All water products are designed, engineered, assembled, and manufactured in our laboratories. They can be customized to meet your specific needs. If you have problems with your water filtration or if your water is not being cleaned properly, please contact us today!